Enjoyed our freshly made biscuits at No.21 York. Why not make it when you get home too?
Yoghurt Oaty Cookies
220g/8oz Demerera Sugar
200g/7oz Caster Sugar
160g/6oz Unsalted Butter
150g/Small Pot Yoghurt – I use Longley Farm. Whatever flavour tickles your fancy
1tsp Vanilla Extract
360g/13oz Plain Flour
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
260g/9oz Rolled Oats (large flake) – can be toasted for added flavour
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°c/350°f/gas mark 5 & toast your oat flakes if desired
2. Line or grease a baking sheet.
3. In a bowl cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
4. Stir in the yogurt and vanilla extract, mix well.
5. Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix further until all the flour is incorporated.
6. Add the flakes (Lemon Zest and Blueberries if using) and stir in well
7. Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
8. Leave to cool slightly before removing onto a wire cooling rack.
Make a nice cuppa Yorkshire Tea...... and enjoy !