Enjoyed our freshly made biscuits at No.21 York. Why not make it when you get home too?
No. 21 Cantuccini Recipe
- 500 grams all-purpose flour
- 330 grams (3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon irange marmalade
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 orange zest
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 250 grams raw unpeeled almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (356 degrees F).
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, honey, orange zest, almond paste and mix all the ingredients.
- Once you have a crumbly, soft mixture, add the almonds.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it into 2 logs that are approximately 30 cm (12 inch) long, and 5 cm (2 inch) wide.
- Wet your hands, it will be easier to shape the dough.
- Place the logs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or with a silicone mat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the logs from the oven and let them cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place a log on a cutting board and using a sharp, serrated knife, cut it diagonally into 1.5 cm (1/2 inch) slices.
- Put the cookies back on the baking sheet and bake them for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the cantuccini from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Store them in a sealed container for several weeks.